SSS LOSS AND PREVENTION
Our Loss prevention officers work in retail environments to prevent shoplifter theft as well as theft from store employees. Our Officers maintain a presence in the public retail space, monitoring shoppers and employees alike for unusual behaviour.
We work with a diverse group of retailers to provide loss prevention security by well trained personnel in customer settings, especially high end luxury boutiques. Appearances can make a difference with each client’s locations. We can staff the officers in a suit, standard uniform or a more casual polo look.
Every security officer is screened to meet individual customer needs. Our Security personnel are highly qualified, responsible professionals who take pride in their work.
Job Duties Can Include:
- 1 Monitoring public areas for potential threats.
- 2 In some instances, monitoring displays or changing rooms, both of which can provide additional opportunities to steal merchandise.
- 3 Identifying potential thieves or vandals among staff or patrons.
- 4 Uniformed officers may discourage potential thieves or troublemakers.
- 5 Reviewing inventory and stock and investigating suspected pilferage by employees.
- 6 Following and confronting suspected shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
- 7 Documenting theft and other security violations.
- 8 Monitoring surveillance cameras.
- 9 Working with law enforcement to arrest and prosecute suspected shoplifters and dishonest employees.
- 10 If working in a mall or a retail centre, loss prevention officers may also liaise with property security teams.
- 11 More experienced loss prevention officers may also help companies develop security policies.
- 12 Provide quality customer service and positive shopping experiences to deter theft.
- 13 Respond to customer and associate incidents where safety and/or company liability may be concerned.
- 14 Work with investigators or other LP/AP team members to investigate criminal violations and/or recover stolen merchandise.
- 15 Monitor inventory shrinkage and follow company procedure to minimize shrink.
- 16 Perform store surveillance as directed by management, such as maintaining focus on areas of visible shrink.
- 17 Verify accuracy of merchandise returns.
- 18 Prepare and maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation for inventory, merchandise returns, customer accidents, apprehensions and recoveries, and more.
- 19 Perform minor repairs around the store.
- 20 Learn proper safety procedures and train other store associates on these and other LP-related issues, such as inventory control processes.
- 21 Maintain store monitoring technology and equipment.
- 22 Review surveillance video and exception reports for possible incidents of theft or fraud.
- 23 Understand and maintain rigorous compliance with the law and company policy regarding apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence.
- 24 Detect and apprehend shoplifters if dictated by company policy.
- 25 Conduct safety checks and report any hazardous or unsafe activity to management on duty immediately.
Call us at SSS today for a full assessment and recommendation of the best security solution & quote we can provide to offer you & your workplace
Contact Us For a competitive Price